Pontio fabLAB is a facility where you can gain access to digital manufacturing and prototyping equipment.
Minimum age 18 years (14 if under the supervision of an adult member).
Use the 'Book and Induction' button on the right to grab a free ticket for a fabLAB Induction (Requires registration to the Pontio website). You’ll be able to come and see what’s available, talk to knowledgeable and experienced staff, and explore the possibilities of prototyping and realising your own projects. Spaces are limited so book early.
If you like what you see, you can sign up as a fabLAB member which can be done on the day. Membership comes with a general safety induction to the fabLAB from us, whilst you undertake to comply with all safety requirements and systems. Free membership gives you access to the tools available at the fabLAB, but before we can let you loose on a machine you'll need to book onto a machine specific training session.
Once you are a member and have completed the general induction you will be able to book fabLAB equipment training sessions. Use the 'Book Training and Workshop Access' button on the right to view the training sessions available. Please be aware that you will not be able to see bookable training session dates until membership has been assigned to your account following the induction. Equipment training sessions will incur a nominal charge and are mandatory before the related equipment can be used.
Once you have completed equipment training you will be able to book fabLAB workshop sessions to work on your own projects using the related equipment. Use the 'Book Training and Workshop Access' button on the right to view the workshop sessions available. Please be aware that you will not be able to see bookable workshop session dates ether until membership has been assigned to your account following the induction. Keep an eye on the website for availability and booking.
Members, having completed the relevant training, will be able to book to use:
- Laser cutters
- 3D printers
- Vinyl cutters
- Embroidery and sewing machines
- Small and medium CNC milling machines
- Electronics equipment
- Plastics bending equipment
- Sublimation printing equipment
- Powered fret saw
- Workbenches and hand tools
- Photography and video equipment
See our fabLAB website for information on safety and equipment.
Member safety is very important to us and we want you to be safe and have fun in our fabLAB, so here are the basic house rules:
- fabLAB use is subject to the presence of a fabLAB supervisor.
- Equipment may only be used once training for that equipment has been completed and you have authorisation to use it.
- We have workshop rules, risk assessments and safe operating procedures in place, members are expected to respect and follow these.
- Eating is not permitted in our workshops, however there are four catering outlets in Pontio which are open to the public.
- Regrettably, and for their own safety, we cannot allow young children into our workshops. Minimum age 18 years (14 if under the supervision of an adult member).